FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Fishman
Decided to unlock my account after locking myself out last year due to too many failed login attempts. Sorry for all of the unanswered messages in the inbox all, but I wasnt here. I'm usually on FB most of the time. Hope to reconnect with old friends if there are any prowling the forums anymore. Cheers
By mouthstofeed
Hello! Welcome back. I feared you might've kicked the bucket.
By Fishman
mouthstofeed wrote:Hello! Welcome back. I feared you might've kicked the bucket.
HAHA! My wife cant get that lucky! Im still around for now thankfully. Thanks for the warm welcome!
By mouthstofeed
Fishman wrote:
mouthstofeed wrote:Hello! Welcome back. I feared you might've kicked the bucket.
HAHA! My wife cant get that lucky! Im still around for now thankfully. Thanks for the warm welcome!
You're welcome for the warm welcome. You sent me enough free plants to deserve it.
mouthstofeed liked this
By Mawy_Plants
Glad to have you back! I just started coming back around the forums this last week or so.

Excited to learn about new findings! Still haven’t gotten those Byblis liniflora started yet. Hopefully those seed are still viable since they’re stored in the fridge!
By Fishman
mouthstofeed wrote:
Fishman wrote:
You're welcome for the warm welcome. You sent me enough free plants to deserve it.
So sad that I cannot seem to recall that particularly. I give away so much to people that I believe it though !
By Fishman
Mawy_Plants wrote:Glad to have you back! I just started coming back around the forums this last week or so.

Excited to learn about new findings! Still haven’t gotten those Byblis liniflora started yet. Hopefully those seed are still viable since they’re stored in the fridge!
Hey there thanks! Hope all is well there! Did you get those seeds from here in the seedbank? I hope you get them cooking soon, I would love to see them!
By Mawy_Plants
Yup, got them here. I think they’re from you or Mike. I never got around to starting them since I went crazy when I first began and sowed a bunch of other “easier” cp varieties. Then was overwhelmed and well, you know what happens after that. Haha.

I’ll have to check back on the thread I chatted with you on about sowing techniques to finally get those started while it’s still hot over here. Did you experiment with different locations, take any outside yet? Hehe
By Fishman
Shadowtski wrote:Welcome back!
I just got back in town a few hours ago.
I took a road trip to Canada an the Canadian Falls.
Thanks Mike!
I was beginning to wonder where you've been. I pretty much figured you would be doing some travelling these days like we had talked about haha. Must be nice!!
Ps. Send cooler temps to Texas, thanks!
By Fishman
Mawy_Plants wrote:Yup, got them here. I think they’re from you or Mike. I never got around to starting them since I went crazy when I first began and sowed a bunch of other “easier” cp varieties. Then was overwhelmed and well, you know what happens after that. Haha.

I’ll have to check back on the thread I chatted with you on about sowing techniques to finally get those started while it’s still hot over here. Did you experiment with different locations, take any outside yet? Hehe
Theres no telling. I've sent so many seeds all over the world that I cant recall anything anymore apparently lol. I do have several places where I cultivate them, yes. I have them outside in my greenhouses, and some indoors. Also some out on a picnic table. The greenhouse ones look the best since it's a little cooler in there, as its climate controlled. Back when we last talked, I did things much differently than I do now. I have learned alot of tricks along the way by experimenting, and by talking to some real gurus where these plants naturally occur! I'm to a point where I only grow Byblis mainly of course (for a couple of years now), but then Mexi-Pings, VFT cultivars, and sarracenia and that's about it. I have no room left in my greenhouses! If you ever find yourself wanting to know anything about them, always feel free to drop me a DM! Thanks for the welcome back BTW !
By Fishman
Dionae wrote:Welcome back!
Hi, thanks a bunch!

Hello, I would like to request D. capensis "[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1666. I'll PM[…]

Hello from Arkansas!

Welcome! (and I think it's my turn to say: ) Be su[…]

New cultivar potential?

This plant always has something in its mouth :rol[…]

Black tips on drosera regia

It's probably nothing, as the whole plant seems to[…]

Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

My 'Mimis Kiss' is finally growing pitchers again[…]

Hello , I can help with the Drosera if you are sti[…]

First flower stalk on VFT

I might let the biggest flower stalk flower but c[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!