FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Fieldofscreams
I decided to have a dedicated setup for my CP's instead of just having them on my patio table. One that will house both tropical and temperate species. It also allows me to take better care of my neps, I kind of just let them live or die without much care either way. Kind of wanted to change that, not that I really needed to, my neps are bomb proof. At least now they will look better.

I bought a large shelving unit and then I used solar screen that I got from home depot. Its blocks 75% of UV rays. The middle shelf is covered on two sides, the opening faces east. Depending on where I put my neps on that shelf (front to back of the shelf) I can have them get between 1-5 hours of direct sunlight and then the rest of the day they only get 25%.

The top shelf I put my temperate sun lovers, VFTs and Sarr's. Now that they are much higher than my patio table they get 2 more hours of sun than they used to get because of the way the sun moves over my house.

Been two months now and its working amazing.

The temperate gang

Only issue I have right now is the screen is black so it gets pretty warm on top for my VFT's and Sarr's. I need to solve this issue, not sure what im going to do yet.
By optique
that looks really nice, try mounting the cloth under the mesh instead of on top it might help.
By Fieldofscreams
I tried that, almost impossible to attach it.

I need like a big sheet of white plastic or maybe that lighting ceiling tile or whatever it's called.
By optique
google "corrugated plastic sheet" "corrugated plastic sign blank"
should look ok
optique liked this
By oval
Nice... You're giving me ideas!
By Fieldofscreams
I'm sold on using shelving units now.

With some shade cloth or solar screening you can give plants the exact amount of sun that you want them to get.

Then the top just put all your temperate sun lovers and your all set.

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it?

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

He gets direct morning sun until noon/1pmish then […]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!