1.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 1682 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 1682 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 1682 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (1.15 MiB) Viewed 1682 times
Hey guys,

I was worrying about the brown spots on the leaves, that start from the sides of the leaf instead of trap to bottom, which i know is normal. Any idea what i can do to prevent this?

I live in Germany, Kiel. I got the plant about three years ago, at that point it was small and sickly apparently from transporting. I keep it inside when its cold and outside when it's starting to get warm. It's on the balcony, so i guess it can get pretty windy. Is it better to shield it from air? I keep the plant wet at all times with distilled water. I cut all flowering stalks since one stalk nearly killed my plant in the first year (it just grew bigger and bigger and then died on its own before even flowering).

Also i was thinking about buying an aquarium or terrarium to increase humidity. I saw a huge closed aquarium in a botanic garden in germany with huge fly traps in there, i mean probably double the trap-size plants, that left an impression on me

Also any general suggestions to increase my plants quality of life?
By Cross
Did you just water it? It looks really wet. What kind of soil is it in? What is the pot made out of? Is it glazed on the inside? Does it stay outside all day?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By Thrilling
1. yeah i just watered it. I also pulled out some other moss-like plants that developed on the side, thats why it looks disheveled at the moment

2. my mother got me the soil, she doesn't remember the exact kind, only that it was meant for plants growing in marshy soil and that it's made of mixed components

3. the pot is something resembling this
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Made-in-Germany ... 2894444851
seems to be pottery/ceramic. It's glazed on the inside as well

4. the pot stays outside all day when its warm and inside all day when its cold
By salty
Is it only the wider leaves that are doing it? I appears that it may be the older winter growth with the wide petioles that are dieing off.
By Thrilling
you're right it seems it's only the wider leaves that get brown. so it's the winter period thats problematic? i'm only putting it next to a window faced south south-west during the winter. i guess i need artificial lighting?
By salty
Those leaves probably just aren’t used to the more intense sun at this time of year. It will adjust. The plant looks pretty healthy.
By Cross
Thrilling wrote:you're right it seems it's only the wider leaves that get brown. so it's the winter period thats problematic? i'm only putting it next to a window faced south south-west during the winter. i guess i need artificial lighting?
Yeah, if it's just waking up and thiccer leaves were there during winter, Terry could just be dying off. I hate moss in my cp pots. I doubt blame you for digging it up. It should be okay in that pot. I would consider getting new soil though if you don't low what's in it. Bad soil will kill it over time. In winter, I bring mine in and use artificial light. Over the rest of the year, they stay outside.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!