FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Rassac
heya guys,
My VFT seems to be loose in my pot and I m worried that it will move and tear up the roots.. should I add more peat on top ?
p.s I am going to trim dead traps ^^

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By dewyray
Because it's the growing season, I'd do only what's needed to to stop the plant from moving around. Maybe put dirt around the perimeter of the pot, but not right by the plant. If this stabilizes everything, leave it like that until dormancy. If not, you may have to gently push the dirt down.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
By optique
I read that alot of ppl use 1cm of silica sand to top off VFT's for pest and it seems to be good for plant, might be a great time to add a small layer? But VTF's are really tough IMO in upper SC we just had 4 days of hard rain i had perlite filled traps, perlite splashed over a foot high on everything, and my VFT's are putting out new growth like champs. they look much better than my sundews and had to prop up a few sarra pitchers also.
By Rassac
dont have and but i have dried chopped spaghnum. is it good ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By thefic
I usually don't mess with the plants during growing season. Maybe wait until dormancy or early next spring to repot. I would use long fiber sphagum to too dress and help stabilize.
By Big-Jack
I had the same issue with some of mine in the past. The giant flower stalks have a lot of leverage against those inadequate VFT roots when the wind is blowing hard and the soil is saturated from too much rain. Now I use chopsticks stuck in the soil with some sting tied to the flower stalks to stake them up and give some much needed support. Works like a charm.
By boarderlib
Easy, take the whole plug out stuff some media under it and pressed against the sides of the pot. Place the plug back in, and done. The plant will never know the difference.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!