FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By mmfox
Hi everyone,

A little about me... :-)

After 15 years of a terrible accident when I was very young doing TC. Long story short, my Non-flow hood explote in my face and I got cut from glass all over but I was lucky enough to have only my forefront damage and not my eyes or the rest of my face, total of 26 stitches and lost around 1000ml of blood so, yes, I was at the hostpial for 2 days. (The big mistake: I got an enclosure made with a huge glass window and glove holes. Everything was closed right and i forgot to have an exhaust fan, so you can imagine what happened after spraying isotrophyl alcohol and few minutes later trying to light a torch to esterilise my instruments.)

So as I said, after 15 years of that and now being an adult with more consciousness about the dangers... I am starting again my CP collection and will give a low cost try to TC.
I am a dad now and want to share the plant growing part of the hobby with my son and also, I feel as a personal life accomplishment after what happened to me that I need to overcome my fear for explosions and TC now and do it. I will start with VFT seeds. I will post more on the TC part of the forum.

Very glad and happy to have joined this community and try to restart my hobby after such a long time.

Matias
By Cross
Hi Matias,
That's pretty crazy! Glad you came from it okay, as much as you could. We welcome you here. We have a seed bank, it works on a pay it forward principle. We look forward to seeing pictures in the future!
- Chris

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By mmfox
Cross wrote:Hi Matias,
That's pretty crazy! Glad you came from it okay, as much as you could. We welcome you here. We have a seed bank, it works on a pay it forward principle. We look forward to seeing pictures in the future!
- Chris

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thanks so much Chris for such a warm welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!