FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By jkochuni
Hello,

Sorry I have not been active lately, but I have been busy working on my future carnivorous plant store and website which will be opening May 1st at homegrowncps.com. Here are some updates on a few of my older cultures. I love that you can now see the characteristics on some of the VFT varieties I have in TC.

I have been recently experimenting with media and formulas and have come across a awesome multiplication formula for VFTs and Drosera. I have included some photos of my recent experiments. I will be splitting my cultures next weekend and putting them all on the new formula to make sure I have plenty of plants for sale when my store opens. I have plenty of other Drosera and VFTs which will be available in May that are not pictured, and I also have a Green Sawtooth flower stalk which I'm about to harvest and put into TC. Hope you enjoy the photos...

Bohemian Garnet cultures 1 & 2 (now on multiplication formula):

Pink Venus:

Dingley Giant:

Sawtooth (split cultures):

Fuzzy Tooth:

Cupped Trap (from Matt):

Drosera (on multiplication formula):

Drosera 2:

Drosera 3:

Ordinary VFT 1 & 2 (on multiplication formula):

Red Piranha (not sure if it is going to make it, has some contamination):

By jkochuni
Thanks guys! I should have plenty of Bohemian Garnets available soon.

Between you and me, Matt and I placed an order for some other Carnivorous Plants in tissue culture and one of them was Cephs. I did hear that they were slow growing though in TC.

Thanks again...
By Matt
Nice looking cultures Jason! Let me know when you're ready to trade one of the Bohemian Garnet cultures and I look forward to the Dingley Giant coming my way soon!

Looks like the Cupped Trap has done well for you!
jkochuni wrote:Between you and me, Matt and I placed an order for some other Carnivorous Plants in tissue culture and one of them was Cephs. I did hear that they were slow growing though in TC.
Yes, I still haven't heard back from Triffid Park. The order was placed on the 2nd of September and I haven't had any contact with them since the initial charge on my credit card despite the fact I've emailed them three times and called once. I know that Triffid Park is a reputable nursery, so I'm not worried about being defrauded, but I wish they would at least respond to emails. :?

Hopefully they'll be shipping the order soon.
By jkochuni
Matt- Don't worry about the order. They will be here when they get here. I plan on sending out you the Dingley in a week or two. I would like to do the dividing when my Green Sawtooth stalk is ready for TCing. It is currently about Six inches high, so it should not be too long now. I'll keep you updated.
By Steve_D
jkochuni wrote:I have been busy working on my future carnivorous plant store and website which will be opening May 1st at homegrowncps.com.
Good for you, Jason! :D

The cultures look great!
By Veronis
Nicely done Jason. Someday I'll get into TC (need space and startup supplies first) and I can only hope I get the kind of results you and Matt have gotten.

Your TC drosera bush (with the multiplication formula) ;) is especially cool.
By jkochuni
Thanks everyone! I think the website will be well worth a look when it's finished. I was for several years a graphic designer/web designer, and the website will include fully 3D illustrated guides along with other CP informational pages. I'll keep you updated on my progress.
Help! My VFT is dying

Im sorry if i don't want my vft to die

@andynorth , We found a solution to add it to o[…]

HOW MUCH WATER IS TOO MUCH WATER? Jr_overwatered[…]

I'm a little late to the dance but here is my Brun[…]

Help with care for my VFT

The plant is in decline due to lack of light. It w[…]

St. Patrick’s Beard

Hasn’t made a normal trap in FOREVERR, can f[…]

FTS Archangel

:P

Triton

Amazing as always, wish it had color though ;)

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!