FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By InvisusRex
its been awhile since iv posted on this forum, mostly just me being a lazy ADD twat lol. anyways i was watching the myrtle beach news last week and saw this: http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=10952750

probably one of the coolest things that could happen 10 mins from my house :)
By Veronis
That's awesome.

So you have a natural CP habitat right beside your house, basically. I'd be in the immediate market for a hiking backpack and then go out, camera in hand. ;)

Thanks for sharing.
By Aging_Bourbon
dang a year? wow...

Allen,
By InvisusRex
Matt wrote:That's cool that you live so close to VFT habitat!

And man, a whole year? Where you been? ;)
well man to be honest i cant say, been putting most of my interest in my music lately. i dont have many vfts anymore(gave away alot of my clones/divisions), although i do have a small garden of cape sundews(way to easy the grow) and i also got some flowering size sarracenia minor from my bro in georgetown. noticed you got a store up now, pretty awesome man. as far as the habitat goes, before as cnn put it "myrtle beach burnt to the ground" the place was over grown with foreign pine trees and there werent that many carnivorous plants anymore, seems the fired fixed things back.
By marvin1997
They still didn't know much bout flytraps...haha :D Their sun part is right but the nutrient part is wrong :lol:
By InvisusRex
i was just talking to my brother whos with the forestry agency around here, he told me that in some of those areas there were so many vfts from seed that they carpeted the ground like grass, this is amazing seeing as they were having a real problem with vft seed germination before this event. as far as what they were saying about 'nutrients' they may be talking about something like tannins released from the burnt sphagnum or perhaps potash?(not sure if they like/dont like potash), but more then likely they probably dont know what there talking about, that the news for ya :)
By dionaea muscipula
holy shizz 2"!! thats HUGE! i don know you hehe... well.........Hi
By branpera
Yay go VFT cool article.
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!