FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Rhaemyra
Hey everyone! I have my VFT for almost a year now, I believe it's been doing well and in about June or July a new plant started to grow. Of course it was very tiny at first but it's started to grow a bit more and, although it's still small, I think the main plant is in the way but I don't know if I should repot it already.

My family did not know that normal garden soil is not good for the plant so the gardener changed the earth and I had to repot it ASAP so it didn't die. That was around April-May so I was wondering if maybe now is too soon and it would hurt the babies. Also, since I live in South America, the seasons here are inverted so we are in spring, about to begin summer and I've read that repotting should be done after these.

I'll leave a picture so you guys can see the plant and maybe give me some pointers. Oh, also I was told that since it does not get that cold here it was not necessary to hibernate them so I didn't but then found out the refrigerator method so I also wanted to know if I should do that now or wait till the next winter (July - Sept 2019).
Attachments:
This is the smaller plant on the other side
This is the smaller plant on the other side
Venus 2.jpg (676.91 KiB) Viewed 1128 times
Venus 1.jpg
Venus 1.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 1128 times
Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!