FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
Good morning from Tennessee.
Maybe I haven't looked hard enough to find this info, but I was wondering how long it might take to see results from Cape cuttings/pullings? Or if I'm even barking up the wrong tree with this?
I recently received three Cape Alba's and, as the leaves in shock began to turn black, I would trim them off. Some of these I caught early, where only the end was turning, so I trimmed the end off and put some of the trimmings down in the moss. A couple of them I was able to brace the plant and gently pull the tentacle down and off. I even floated one very good looking specimen in the tray.
Granted that they have only been off the plant for about a week and a half, and I know I should not expect any results yet, but I'm just curious how long I should wait for results before I quit waiting for them?
Thanks,
Chef
By ChefDean
xanthoparmelia wrote:If memory serves, it was about 4 weeks for me. And this was using a dying leaf that i cut up and tossed into another pot, not expecting much.
So there's potential for a stressed parent to produce healthy strikes, cool.
Thanks Xantho,
Chef
By ChefDean
20181002_172335.jpg
20181002_172335.jpg (3.04 MiB) Viewed 2204 times
Woo hoo! 3 weeks and strike 1! Pulled from a stressed plant because this leaf was dying due to shock.
The strike is about 5 mm long, so it likely was budding about the time I wrote the original post.
Yay me!
Enough shameless self promotion, get back to growing and quit reading about someone patting themselves on the back.
Take care,
Chef
ChefDean liked this
By Vacuous_Soot
Congrats hopefully the first of many successes, I need to try leaf cuttings myself sometime once my plants are more established.
Vacuous_Soot liked this

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!