FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By jackjeckel
riveraXVX wrote:those look to be seeds that didn't take for whatever reason the seeds will generally be shiney
I have to admit I pulled the dead petals off in order to get a better look and I could have sworn I saw something shiny peeking through so I cut 2 flowers off and this is what I got.

I guess I will leave the rest on the stalks to see if they mature into seeds.
By jackjeckel
OK.

I think I got it this time.

But I only got 5 seeds.

Should I have waited a little longer and more seeds would have formed or why did I only get 5 seeds?

By Big-Jack
That is all you would have got out of that pod. I get some pods with no seeds, some with a few, and some with a bunch. Depends on the quality of the individual flowers, environmental issues, and how thoroughly they were pollinated.

Now you can try your luck with the germination process!
By riveraXVX
yep it will vary sometimes we got zero seeds from a pod, some pods we'd get like 50 from it was a huge variety of results if you count individual pods!
By riveraXVX
Missy2498 wrote:
riveraXVX wrote:Image

Beautiful shots. What lens did you use?
thank you! *deep breath* these were shot with a Canon t2i/550D camera, canon 60mm/f2.8 prime lens canon 430EX II fhash w/ a cobbled together from trash bouncer/diffuser that attaches to the flash and wraps down to around the lens.

this sits on a decent tripod, using an old 70s/80s olympus rail and shutter release cable

the bigger photo of the full pods were a stacked series of about 25 shots combined with zerene stacker

some of the macro shots I post I also use a 7" tablet as a screen with DSLRcontroller to be able to zoom my old eyes in better.
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!