Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Hungryplantlover
20180818_223503.jpg
20180818_223503.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 2458 times
:cry:

Hey there,

I've had CPs for years without any pest problems. I've fought spider mites, fungus gnats and mealy bugs elsewhere in the house, but have kept them all away from the CPs.

Tonight I came home and was checking the plants when I found this on one of my VFTs! I re-potted this one last week, and now it is infested with these little white guys. Are these aphids?

I've treated it with neem oil, and moved it to isolation, but now I'm very worried about the rest of the CP's. I have drosera and nepenthes and a bunch more VFTs. Ahhhhhh!

Will Neem oil work? I think I will proactively spray everyone, and I'm fairly sure we can't buy acephate in Canada. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Attachments:
20180818_223627.jpg
20180818_223627.jpg (1.66 MiB) Viewed 2458 times
By penatrap
Not really experienced in identifying pests but if they are aphids dunk the whole plant into cp-safe water for a day or two - that should get rid of them. I've heard that aphids can cause distorted traps and that seems to be the case here. Try the water method.
By m80torpedo3
looks like whiteflies. neem oil will work but you need to treat it 2 or 3 times in a row so when the new ones hatch you get them before they lay eggs. spray the whole plant specially the undersides of the leaves. try to do it on a cool day or you risk burning the plants.
m80torpedo3 liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!