FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By iamjacksplants
I have a few different colonies of Utricularia Alpina, most of which are flowering all of the sudden so I'm assuming it has finally reached maturity? Anyhow the stuff is like a weed in my set up; epiphyte, terrestrial, aquatic etc. so I figured it's time to start thinning it out and sharing some of it. This particular "plug" is well established, room temp and RH hardened though still under lights, is putting out new growth and was taken from one of the colonies that has since begun to flower. I also have some larger and smaller plugs and one rather large flowering pot but I'll just post the pictures of the small room temp one for now, since it would make the best starter plant I'm sure. Make offers! Thanks for looking!
The plant for trade
The plant for trade
alpina05.JPG (377.56 KiB) Viewed 1851 times
The "parent colony" it was taken from
The "parent colony" it was taken from
alpina01e.jpg (2.11 MiB) Viewed 1851 times
Close up
Close up
alpina02e.jpg (2.41 MiB) Viewed 1851 times
Cheers,
-@.
By iamjacksplants
Highland Neps, Ultra Highland Neps and the like. Always looking to expand on the cephs and helis. I don't have many Drosera. I really like the pygmies of course. I have zero Fly Traps at the moment. I'm easy I think. Anything odd or "tricky" I have a soft spot for.

Do you have anything in mind?

Cheers,
-@.
By Hungry Plants
iamjacksplants wrote:Highland Neps, Ultra Highland Neps and the like. Always looking to expand on the cephs and helis. I don't have many Drosera. I really like the pygmies of course. I have zero Fly Traps at the moment. I'm easy I think. Anything odd or "tricky" I have a soft spot for.

Do you have anything in mind?

Cheers,
-@.
Well, I don't have a much to trade. I have some U. Longafolia I could trade you.
By iamjacksplants
What conditions are you giving it? Any luck getting it to flower?

Cheers,
-@.
By iamjacksplants
Sorry for the delay in response. Been super busy rebuilding the cooling system. Cool flower! What are the conditions your giving it? What triggers flowering? How big is the plant, and how tall are the spikes? I'm limited for space :roll:

Thanks,
-@.

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!