FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Hungry Plants
I got an Amazon gift card and was thinking of grabbing a few things fore my plant. I found 10g of GA3 for 8.99. I don't know how much that is or if its a good deal. Any input?
By Shadowtski
Hungry Plants wrote:I got an Amazon gift card and was thinking of grabbing a few things fore my plant. I found 10g of GA3 for 8.99. I don't know how much that is or if its a good deal. Any input?
I bought 10g of GA3 back in 2016 from a guy on eBay.
I paid somewhere around $15 for it, including shipping.
So you're doing better than I did.

Good growing,
Mike
By Hungry Plants
Shadowtski wrote:
Hungry Plants wrote:I got an Amazon gift card and was thinking of grabbing a few things for my plant. I found 10g of GA3 for 8.99. I don't know how much that is or if its a good deal. Any input?
I bought 10g of GA3 back in 2016 from a guy on eBay.
I paid somewhere around $15 for it, including shipping.
So you're doing better than I did.

Good growing,
Mike
How long did it last you? I'm just not sure what 10g of GA3 looks like and how much you use in a mix.
By hollyhock
Most times Gibberellic acid comes in a powder form and you mix it yourself to the desired strength. That is a very fair price for that amount, if it's 10 grams? Are you sure it's not .1 gram?

Try mixing it with distilled water at different strengths. Keep the mixed formula in the refrigerator or the powder in a cool dry place. It should keep fine for an indefinite time period. Are you sure it's 10g? That seems like quite a bit. Usually a 1G. package is about that price.

I mixed .05g with 12 ounces of water to make a 1000ppm solution or 24 ounces of water to make a 500ppm solution. It's very concentrated chemical and a little bit goes a long way. I have used 500ppm most effectively on temperate type of sundew, pinguicula, and sarracenia seeds to help break dormancy and avoid a long cold stratification period by soaking the seeds in the solution for about 8- 12 hours before sowing. You can experiment with different techniques. I have also sprinkled some seeds into the dry powder to coat them lightly before sowing. Keep the plants separate from the rest of your other pots of plants because the solution stays in the soil and could affect the growth of your other plants if the solution leeches out and gets to them.
Hope that this helps. :D
hollyhock liked this
By Hungry Plants
hollyhock wrote:Most times Gibberellic acid comes in a powder form and you mix it yourself to the desired strength. That is a very fair price for that amount, if it's 10 grams? Are you sure it's not .1 gram?

Try mixing it with distilled water at different strengths. Keep the mixed formula in the refrigerator or the powder in a cool dry place. It should keep fine for an indefinite time period. Are you sure it's 10g? That seems like quite a bit. Usually a 1G. package is about that price.

I mixed .05g with 12 ounces of water to make a 1000ppm solution or 24 ounces of water to make a 500ppm solution. It's very concentrated chemical and a little bit goes a long way. I have used 500ppm most effectively on temperate type of sundew, pinguicula, and sarracenia seeds to help break dormancy and avoid a long cold stratification period by soaking the seeds in the solution for about 8- 12 hours before sowing. You can experiment with different techniques. I have also sprinkled some seeds into the dry powder to coat them lightly before sowing. Keep the plants separate from the rest of your other pots of plants because the solution stays in the soil and could affect the growth of your other plants if the solution leeches out and gets to them.
Hope that this helps. :D
This helps very much. There is shipping involved brings it to about $13 give or take. I’ll post a link to it later to make sure it the right stuff.

That looks something like mineral burn. What subst[…]

Nepenthes cold shock?

I'm just dipping my toes into the world of nepenth[…]

New to carnivorous plants!

I have two little pots (the ones they came from L[…]

Will go out in the mail tomorrow. :D

Very first mini-bog! :D

VFT nice catch

Those crane flies are a pain. Contrary to popular […]

Order received. Your order number is 1672. I'll PM[…]

Hello again from Florida

Welcome

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!