FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By heka
Hello! I'm Heka, I'm 21 years old, I live in the south of Sweden, about as close as you can get to Denmark- And I've recently gained an interest for carnivorous plants and normal houseplants(hardly worth mentioning but still)!

I've always loved venus flytraps and I guess it started at age 12 when my mom bought me one. Now, that poor thing's life was short, sad and torterous, as I did all the things you're not supposed to do. You know, like poking the traps to make them close, feeding them ham, watering it with tap water, not keeping it in peat moss medium, etc. To top it all off, I thought it was a good idea to bring it to school to show it off and it got to live on the windowsill of our classroom for a few days before some kid knocked it over, and that was the end of that.

Now, almost ten years later, my heart has decided to end the long mourning period and open up to new possibilities, to try to love again! And this time, it is full of ambition to treat a VFT right! Whether I succeed or not is a question of time and dedication, and boy do I have both!

I've been doing a lot of reading up about venus flytraps specifically and it's brought me to this forum many times for threads where questions I had myself where being asked, and I've found it helpful. I know much more now about caring for a flytrap than I used to, that's for sure.

But now I've decided to stop lurking and actually join the community in a sense, because man, there's a lot of hurdles in my way when it comes to trying to care for my plant, so hopefully I can find more success with some advice on here!
heka liked this
By Rammplins
Welcome to the forum! You have found the right place to get advice. Between the care guides on the site and the help of some experienced growers, You will find most any answer you are looking for on here, and if you cant find the answer just ask!

May your traps be big and beautiful!
Rammplins liked this
By heka
Thank you! Yes, I have come to a bit of a standby very (VERY) early in my hobby. I'll take a look around the forum before I post my questions!
By heka
Thank you! I'm glad to be welcomed, you seem like a cool community! I figure most of you are Americans, however, and then there's me, over here in cold-ass ikea-land.

Where good sphagnum moss, perlite and silicasand is incredibly annoying to try to get a hold of. I'm ripping my hair out lol
By Hungry Plants
Welcome. You have come to the right place. You will find every thing you need here including plant pushes to help you on you way to a long lasting vast addition to carnivores plants.

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!