FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By goldslinger
Thanks !

Yea, I'm a little compulsive when it comes to trying new things; probably why My wallet's always empty !

Spent an hour moving things around just to have room ! My Wife didn't want it in any other room except where She didn't have to look at it.

I've got it in My man cave which is the only room in the house that isn't finished.

The bulbs are 21Watt T5's single bulb; 36inches long.
Last edited by goldslinger on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
By goldslinger
hackerberry wrote:I foresee a house full of CPs. Looking really good Gary...

hb

And I forsee a lot of future Trading goin on . . . (hopefully)

So much to learn; that's why I love it ! :D
By goldslinger
Veronis wrote:Nice one dude.

All you need now is an operating table and a crash cart and your CP culture research hospital will be complete. :)
A 'crash' cart for sure ! :D
By branpera
Thats funny I just recived 150 bucks from my mom and dad for my birthday, and they said it is for buying a growing system/ place to grow my plants. Do you have any information on what you got is it one whole package or did you buy them individually.
Thanks
By Matt
branpera wrote:Thats funny I just recived 150 bucks from my mom and dad for my birthday, and they said it is for buying a growing system/ place to grow my plants. Do you have any information on what you got is it one whole package or did you buy them individually.
Thanks
I'd recommend a shelf set up like that. There's a heavy duty one at Costco on sale right now. I couldn't find the one I'm thinking of, but this one is very similar:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.as ... d=11245665
I bought one of those and then hung 4 foot shop lights ($10 for one at Wal-Mart) with T8 bulbs (32 watt cool light - $10 for a pair at Wal-Mart). So it's basically $20 for each lighting fixture with the bulbs. It takes 8 of them to fill all of the shelves (10 if you want to hang some from the ceiling to illuminate the top shelf). So at $20 each for 8 of them, that's $160 and the shelf is on sale for $80 (or you could get the one I sent a link to above for $65).

Of course, you don't have to fill it up with lights right away, so you could easily get started for $150. You can add lights as you need them. But I think that it's a great setup for growing plants and conserving space.
By goldslinger
Yea,

Mine is a 36 inch x 18 inch plastic shelf You can put together in seconds. It was on sale for around $50.00 (normally around 69.00)

The lights are just good enough for TC, I suspect and are single bulb, 36" T5's and I bought some cords, cut them to proper length and hard wired them to the light. They were 19.00 each x 4. I bought a good quality 300 Joule circuit breaker bar to plug them all into. The wiring is what took so long, but is simple to do.

If I want a seedling bed shelving unit, I would just repeat, but use at least a 2 bulb system and have the light adjustable because You are gonna want it just inches above the seedlings.

Gary

on another division with one short root, all the l[…]

Finally

Those are beautiful! I’m wondering what ki[…]

I just want to confirm that this has been sent as […]

Agreed, no plant seed cross will ever breed tue du[…]

I’m looking to purchase some sarrs and I&r[…]

Sundew in forest

Moving amphibians around is a very bad idea. Tha[…]

Amazon and eBay are your friend. Check both for gr[…]

Thanks for the help! I've contacted someone you me[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!