FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Rammplins
Hello! As i never have experienced this firsthand i would just like to make sure i get the diagnosis right. Will neem oil cure this problem, or should I repot and clean the rhizome of dead and rotting material? So far it is only affecting the middle division

ImageImageImage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
By Rammplins
The middle division has been removed and cleaned, it was affecting the rhizome too. I managed cut away most of the affected material and ended up with 3 small rhizome chunks, one extremely healthy that was about to become a division in its own, and the other two are what was left after the surgery, one still has a little bit of root system left. I would have taken pics.....but I forgot. Hopefully they will all come back, they are going in my crash tank with a small neem application. Wish me luck!
By Rammplins
They are there to keep out any interested birds or squirrels, I have a lot around me and I like being safer more than sorry. About a week and a half ago it was in the 90's for most of the week, its has cooled down now though. I thought that keeping it too wet led to mold/rot? And he is on the same watering schedule as my henry who is very happy(I know henry is a beast), top water at the beginning of the week, tray water after 3 days or so depending on heat.
By Branmuffin
Pretty difficult to over water when temps are that high, I refill my tray every day and never had a rot issue. I would keep an eye on them and if it does not resolve itself after Neem applications you might want to fully repot.
By Rammplins
lol I agree. for that week he was watered much more than normal, water in the morning, it is gone by lunch. I'm really hoping this neem works, he is a slow grower as it is, would hate to make him unhappy with a repot just as soon as he started throwing up his big traps
By xr280xr
Neem oil applications might make it worse if it's crown rot. Since you mix neem oil with water, spraying that in the crown might just exacerbate the issue.
By Rammplins
well the one that had it is out of the pot and in three different pieces now, there is no more crown to speak of....at least on that division. The other 2 divisions seem very healthy though, so I just gave them one light neem spray to get rid of any mold/fungus that I stirred up while taking the other out.

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!