FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By deleted user
Hi,

I apologize for all the questions, I am just really new to this. I built a china cabinet a while back and I am thinking about turning it into a sort of growing cabinet. Would this work?

The cabinet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_YbmKzzku8

Inspiration:
iu.jpeg
iu.jpeg (138.86 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
Does anyone have any good lights I could mount that you would recommend? Is this a bad idea? :lol:

Thanks,
Noah
By Rammplins
The one in the picture is awesome. but the cabinet in the video seems to have a lot more wood, and humidity will cause that to warp and degrade over time. the shelf's also look a bit short, you need to fit grow lights in there and a fan if you will be using one. Also are you just planning on using it as is? or are you going to put tanks in there for the plants to go into?
Rammplins liked this
By deleted user
Rammplins wrote:The one in the picture is awesome. but the cabinet in the video seems to have a lot more wood, and humidity will cause that to warp and degrade over time. the shelf's also look a bit short, you need to fit grow lights in there and a fan if you will be using one. Also are you just planning on using it as is? or are you going to put tanks in there for the plants to go into?
I was planning on doing a tank which I thought would solve the humidity issue. What do you think?
By Rammplins
Probably, if your tank has a lid. Now my only concern is how hot your grow lights are.....gotta be careful with wood and heat! you also might want to remove the doors form the cabinet, it will give you a little extra room to work with, and the humidity def wont be a problem then.

P.S. did you build the whole thing yourself or piece it together?
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!