FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of subjects other than carnivorous plants, such as orchids, landscapes, etc.

Moderator: Matt

By Frothy_Milk
Posts:  348
Joined:  Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:39 pm
#292467
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:Nice yo, that all looks surprisingly green for just receiving it! :D
I was surprised how much growth it had, and I was also surprised by a pretty big spider chilling in the bag. I had to wash it off to make sure there were no spider eggs laying around.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Wikiwakawakawee
Posts:  688
Joined:  Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:30 pm
#292468
Frothy_Milk wrote:
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:Nice yo, that all looks surprisingly green for just receiving it! :D
I was surprised how much growth it had, and I was also surprised by a pretty big spider chilling in the bag. I had to wash it off to make sure there were no spider eggs laying around.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah the few times I've ordered live sphagnum, it almost always came a bit dead looking except for some green areas, but everything you received looks great!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
By Frothy_Milk
Posts:  348
Joined:  Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:39 pm
#292469
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:
Frothy_Milk wrote:
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:Nice yo, that all looks surprisingly green for just receiving it! :D
I was surprised how much growth it had, and I was also surprised by a pretty big spider chilling in the bag. I had to wash it off to make sure there were no spider eggs laying around.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah the few times I've ordered live sphagnum, it almost always came a bit dead looking except for some green areas, but everything you received looks great!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Where did you buy your sphagnum from? I got it on eBay from a company in Florida and the bag shipped in 6 days. A bit longer than I expected to get here, but the moss was green, and moist.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Frothy_Milk
Posts:  348
Joined:  Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:39 pm
#292472
Smooter80 wrote:I've had live spag in a zip lock bag for over 1 year without any care stay alive on my porch. It's tough lol.
You must have kept it moist all the time then


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
By tannerm
Posts:  1589
Joined:  Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:24 am
#292503
I've ordered most of mine from the same seller... make sure you soak it in something to kill the micro critters! He pulls it straight from swamp to bag; i.e. It's not suitable for enclosed grow areas right out of the bag. I washed mine about 10 times (3 of said times using a ton of neem)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Frothy_Milk
Posts:  348
Joined:  Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:39 pm
#292505
tannerm wrote:I've ordered most of mine from the same seller... make sure you soak it in something to kill the micro critters! He pulls it straight from swamp to bag; i.e. It's not suitable for enclosed grow areas right out of the bag. I washed mine about 10 times (3 of said times using a ton of neem)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I only washed it out once. Sheesh I need to wash it more when I get home.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got a new nep!

I got the best, easiest to grow nepenthes, It is t[…]

Almost 2 weeks in and we have some great photos. R[…]

D. Binata flower?

I think my extrema is going to try to flower soon.[…]

Brown spot

Shouldn't be a cause for concern. Probably just th[…]

Leaf jump

No problem. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk[…]

If they are supposed to grow tall they will start […]

When there is danger of frost just cover the plant[…]

I found a bug.

Do you have a magnifying glass? It might be hard t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!