FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Harley
Okay, so I am relatively new to Venus fly traps. I got two and ended up over watering them for a week... I let them sit out in the sun and didn't water them once I found out how often I had to actually water them. Anyways, One plant did great, and the other died. Upon further examination of the plant, I realized their moss had been soaking wet, while the other was where it should have been. I was baffled, since I had watered them the same. Any ideas to why?
By xr280xr
If they're in identical pots, it's most likely a difference in the density of the media. One might be packed more tightly and retaining more water than the other.
I let them sit out in the sun and didn't water them once I found out how often I had to actually water them.
What do you mean by that? If you let them dry out, that's probably what killed one. Flytraps can't handle dry media. Being too wet for a couple weeks wouldn't kill a healthy flytrap. If they didn't dry out, are you sure it didn't just get sunburned? If so, the rhizome may still be alive below the surface.

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!