FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Aozora
next month im going to start working on my new fish pond, and while doing so i am also planning on making a bog garden right next to it. but before im going to start making designs and other kinds of prep work i'd like to know which kinds of plants can survive standing in water 24/7.

so far i have found that the Sarracenia psittacina is fine standing in water, and i have also seen some Sarracenia leucophylla being sold in those floating pond baskets, so i suppose they are also fine with it?

it can get to -10C in the winter (this winter -7C was the lowest)
By Benurmanii
Sarrs, temperate Drosera, VFTs (I know people often advise against this, but my VFTs sit in water all year without issue). All of those can easily survive -10 °C as well, especially since they would be in-ground. May also want to consider some acid-prefering temperate Pinguicula, like P. macroceras, and the South American temperates, P. chilensis and P. antarctica. Those you would probably want to plant further away from the water's edge.
Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!