FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Bradari
Can anyone tell me why my flytraps are not producing seed after pollination. i saw bees pollinating and i self pollinated them googling and you tubing making sure i was doing it right , now the flowers are starting to die off but so far no seed? i currently have about 8 flowering plants.
By Ellice
Be patient. The process from flowers to seeds takes a while. Mine bloomed for the first time this spring. The two stalks' flowers stayed open for weeks and the seed pods didn't mature for many weeks after that. The flowers will slowly close after pollination, but the seed pods won't be apparent for over a month - much, much slower than daisies or snapdragons. Hang in there! Don't try to harvest them until the pods turn dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By cjpflaumer
As said above it does take a long time to produce seeds. I would say it was probably 6 to 8 weeks for me earlier this year.

Also, when you pollinated manually are you certain the stigma was receptive? This is a day or two after the flower opens. It gets fuzzy. It's best to pollinate at that time with pollen from a freshly opened flower to a stigma of a two day old flower. Hopefully this helps you figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!