FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By lil_mike227
the vft's i have are growing fine at a good rate but the new trpas that are grwoing in are way smaller than the other traps. one trap can fit a small cricket and the other cant even get a small spider. does anyone know why this is happening. thanks for help
By mktamin
Either it isn't getting enough light to make larger traps, or it has produced an off-shoot. Pics would help.
By Aging_Bourbon
Matt wrote:It's about time for dormancy.
Dang, it's that time of the year again.. sucks.. i can't wait for spring 2010! whoo! my little brother's gonna graduate!

Allen,
By lil_mike227
Matt wrote:It's about time for dormancy. That's the most likely reason. But there are tons of things that can cause traps to get smaller including bad water, not enough light, pests, coming out of or entering dormancy, etc.
the wether has been bad its been very cloudy for about a week and a half and it hasnt been getting much sunlight till about 3-4 days ago
By Matt
lil_mike227 wrote:the wether has been bad its been very cloudy for about a week and a half and it hasnt been getting much sunlight till about 3-4 days ago
The days are getting much shorter too, which will affect its growth. I've been getting up in the dark every day this week!
Uh. That's not where that goes.

Are you feeding that thing any weird fertilizers[…]

bog garden

Under $20 for just the bog pot, or under $20 for t[…]

Please identify

I would say they're either spatulata or toka[…]

Oh yeah I am definitely going to clean that pot.[…]

Weird Venus Flytrap

Someone bought a DCXL from them. Here's the phot[…]

Hey, everyone!

Welcome :D :D :D

Starter Incredible Redhulk?

Hi Hi! Did anyone happen to take pictures of their[…]

Cape Alba

My only Cape “Alba” sundew that surviv[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!