FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Dematerialize
I was at work today and as usual with working in maintenance we had to go to Lowe's to buy some supplies. While we waited for them to be delivered I unavoidably gravitated towards the garden section. There they FINALLY had a lot of recently arrived VFTs and they were sold for $4.99 instead of the usual $6+. This one looked great and it looks like there's at least two large plants and some offshoots off the rhizome. It must have been recently exposed to bright light because a few of the traps still had a red tinge to them. :D

Then I quickly repotted it. It doesn't look like it'll need much of an acclimation period. :P

By agauger28
Same here. Ours are around $5 but out of the whole 20+ lot there are only ever five or so you'd consider taking home. I've got three and counting!
By cdelavan
The Lowe's near me has two sizes usually. The smaller ones sell for $5 and the larger ones for $10. The trick with getting VFTs from Lowe's is ALL about timing. If you are lucky enough to be at a Lowe's soon after a shipment arrives then you're in luck and will find a nice healthy plant. The employees do absolutely nothing to care for those plants once they arrive.
By omnipercp15
Same here, I have the $5 and $10 packages. I'll never forget the time I saw a beautiful purple pitcher plant for $10. I was so tempted. It had probably 4-5 large pitchers, all crammed into the $10 box. I didn't pick it up because I thought the pitchers I had were already purple pitchers. Turns out that they sell a few pitchers labelled as Saracennia.

If I had known that, that it was a different kind, I would have gotten it. Since then, I see many less desirable pitcher plants, so I'm definitely interested to try to catch a recent shipment of these CPs.

I would think that the TDS would be different in d[…]

Hello from New England

Greetings from another New Englanda’

Finally!!! Rain!!!!

8s, keep looking on Craig's List and any local &qu[…]

I heard that keeping your Venus fly trap outdoors […]

Input on Neps placement

Would you folks recommend putting my plants outdoo[…]

should be fine, springtails make their way into co[…]

I have a Viparspectra v1000 in my grow area, about[…]

New to carnivorous plants!

I wonder if the fibers death cube traps come in no[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!