FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By composer
I didnt have time to grow anything for a while, but I occasionally kept an eye on ebay. Apparently much have happened to the availability of nepenthes lately, especially with Attenboroughii, Palawanensis and Edwardsiana, as I have seen them all going for cheap on ebay several times. Also I cant find "nepenthacea" anywhere. Does anybody know if he still offer seeds?

I see that wistuba still charges the same price for his Edwardsiana, while there are apparently seeds of them on ebay for a few bucks. What do you all think about that? Part of the charm with rare plants is, that they are hard to come by. Does this mean that a specie like Edwardsiana is gonna loose its value in collections?
By composer
On second thought, it does seem like the seller I currently see on ebay only offers 5 seed portions of these rare ones, and given the uncertain germination rate of nepenthes seeds offered online, perhabs the low price is quite reasonable.
By Robster_24
there is always these cuttings of nepenthes Edwardsiana on eBay from a grower in Malaysia. please don't ever buy those, because they are obviously poached from there natural environment. sorry if that was off topic I just want to get the word out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Robster_24 liked this
By katya_dog1
Yeah, it's unfortunate. When the discoverers of whatever plants take the plants from their habitat, it is technically poaching. When the person who discovered Nepenthes Attenboroughii took cuttings or seeds or whatever, they were technically 'poaching'
Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!