FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By lemonlily
Do you think I would ruin or kill it? If it has the right media and water?

Just asking because as most people know, I want a B52. If I'm going to buy the plants next year, I would want to get a B52, but I'm not sure if I can take good care of it.

Jack suggested for me to get a plant that's inexpensive first. I was thinking about that but if I go there only once, I'd lose my chance to get my favourite plant. Chances are, though, is that I can go there again to buy more plants. But only if I'm successful of taking care of my first two plants.

Which makes one of them the easy one, Drosera Aliciae. That does not require dormancy.

Reading is not really the same as actually having the plant, so for a few months now, I've been learning about carnivorous plants. So...

IDEPENDONYOU!! Get it?
By Caleboy 123
I'm sure you will take very good care of a B52 Lily, Venus Fly Traps are very easy to take care of. Being around us enthusiasts, you probobaly know more than enough. :lol:
By lemonlily
Calling yourself an enthusiast hehe...

Okay, I might get one. I hope it isn't expensive.
By Caleboy 123
lemonlily wrote:Calling yourself an enthusiast hehe...
No kidding, I love fly traps! :)
By kevinqwe
dont just keep dreaming!! buy one now
By lemonlily
I gotta dream for a few more months... They aren't selling it yet. I'll get it next spring. It will be all good.

My plan is too get some plants next year.

Are B52s expensive?
By Esly
I was also thinking of getting a B52, But I'm not sure if Im ready either,

But Lilly, I say go for it!
By Siannuro
They say that if you can grow roses then vfts should be piece of cake. I've had more success at vfts than roses. :S
By Canuck_in_TX
I've only been growing Venus Flytraps since the beginning of spring and my first one was a B-52. I was amazed at how well it's done. I bought a few other types from Steve (www.flytrapranch.com) and another B-52 as well and of all of them I find that the B-52 is the easiest of them all. Not sure why but perhaps because it's a fast grower and does not sit low to the planting medium as the other types of flytraps. Just my opinion but I think they're the best ones of the bunch and that you should do fine with one as long as you give it the right stuff to grow in (and you are pretty knowledgeable about that already from being a member here for a while) and of course make sure it never goes dry and that it gets plenty of sun.
By Eric
they have B52'S OVER AT THIS WEBSITE. http://keehnscarnivores.com/store_entry.htm
By lemonlily
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Do you think it'll be worth buying if it is expensive? I think it's worth it if I can keep it alive for a long time. But that's only if it makes it through winters and stuff. I'd get my plants next year so Jack can help me deal with this years dormancy.

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!