FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By bvalente
This giveaway is different than most because it has a special set of rules attached to it:

Rules:
1. The winners of my giveaway MUST setup a giveaway of their own within 3 months of receiving their prize.
2. These giveaways must be for either plants or propagules of plants including, but not limited to seeds and cuttings.
3. Each one of these giveaways MUST come with this set of rules.

This will be an extremely vigorous D. capensis that is mature enough to flower as well as a D. tokaiensis with deep red coloration.

I will choose the winner this Friday 1/16/15. Participants must PM me with what they plan to give away.
bvalente, bvalente liked this
By bvalente
tish wrote:wow very nice plants, the below one don't look like tokaiensis, but i cannot be certan
The tokaiensis was from a reputable person on here and they labeled it as such, I am not a Drosera expert so I cannot tell :lol: They were under my 600W LED and they have all colored and dew'd up like crazy!
By bvalente
tish wrote:I c, my bad coz perhaps it was the angle of something, I seed the leaves were so round and this plant is soooo RED :o
Haha, I was thinking the same thing but the LED light grew everything so well. All of my plants colored up beautifully and developed extremely quick under it. Even the Ceph I got from Matt, as a juvenile is deep purple and hairy with some good size pitchers developing.

Outside of this giveaway, I will be offering some of these as trades and seeds.
By cbennett4041
Is that the tokaiensis from me, Brian? If so, I should make clear that I am not a Drosera expert either. All I can attest to is that the seed batch from wince those plants came were labeled tokaiensis. Also, the seed came from a reliable source on Terraforums.

That said, mislabeling does occur, though I am certain neither Brian nor I mislabeled it. Maybe some other dew experts could chime in?

One thing is absolutely certain: those things are RED.
cbennett4041 liked this
By bvalente
cbennett4041 wrote:Is that the tokaiensis from me, Brian? If so, I should make clear that I am not a Drosera expert either. All I can attest to is that the seed batch from wince those plants came were labeled tokaiensis. Also, the seed came from a reliable source on Terraforums.

That said, mislabeling does occur, though I am certain neither Brian nor I mislabeled it. Maybe some other dew experts could chime in?

One thing is absolutely certain: those things are RED.
Ya these are the same ones you gave me :lol: They're pretty big now and they thrived under that light and turned a beautiful ruby red. I plan on trading some divisions, seeds, and this giveaway. :mrgreen:
By katya_dog1
This is the tokaiensis that I messaged you about, right Brian? For seeds, do you still have another plant?
By bvalente
katya_dog1 wrote:This is the tokaiensis that I messaged you about, right Brian? For seeds, do you still have another plant?
Yes this is the D. tokaiensis you messaged me about, and don't worry I got you covered :) I have about 5 of these growing right now and all are producing stalks :)
bvalente liked this
By katya_dog1
O.K. thanks!
Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!