FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By plantfreak1
Hello all.
I am diving into the wonderful world of plant tissue culture and am after some cheap baby food jars. 6oz is perferred but the 4oz are okay too. I'm looking to get 50-100 jars. Also if you have phytocaps, extra media, hormones or PPM you could part with I might be interested as well.

Unfortunately, I have no plants to trade it for at this time. I can send you money via paypal as payment.

PM me and we can talk about prices and quantities.
I answer email much faster and it is preferred. petersonjaden28@yahoo.com

Thank you for your time and hopefully your business!
By Mufasa
Plantfreak, try looking at parenting forums in your area, post a thread asking for baby food jars

i posted an ad on gumtree (sort of like craigslist... i think) asking for baby food jars
i got about 50 for free from some nice lady who happened to have kept a bunch and been cleaning them

i'm 99% sure that nobody would happen to just have spare B caps they'd send you, i think each person probably needs to buy their own new ones, the rest of the chemicals and stuff... who knows, maybe you will get lucky, and someone is getting out of the hobby

have you looked at TC supplies websites? or are they just too expensive for you or something?
By plantfreak1
Well I plan to buy caps for the jars when I get them. Just hoping I might get lucky. As for hormones and media, I've already got agar, MS, and a few basic cytokinins and auxins. But PPM would be a real treat.

I like the idea for the parenting forum. I might have to do that. I've also been checking Craigslist for jars too, but I'd probably have better luck if I posted a wanted ad.

Thanks for the comments and ideas.
By Mufasa
from what i understand, you dont exactly need PPM to have a successful culture, but it helps alot

have you bought a pressure cooker to clave everything in?
By plantfreak1
Yeah that's what I've heard. But I can probably get by without it.
Yes, I have a pressure cooker for sterilization. I wouldn't make it too far without it;)
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!