FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By keitarofox
Hello everyone,

I am considering planting a big ol' bog type thing full of mixed variety of Sarracenia. Does anyone have experience with Cook's Carnivores mixed variety Sarracenia? I'm not really concerned with what exact species/hybrids I get, and was just wondering if anyone can vouch for this product or try to stray me against it.

As always, thank you guys and gals!
By MrsMuscipula
I realize this is an old post, but wanted to leave my reply for others to see.

I ordered mixed variety Sarracenia from his website, where you can buy the seedlings individually. I got two of the smallest sizes for $0.59 and two of the next biggest size for $1.09 each. Here's a few photos:

The pot is maybe about 5 inches? I'm not too sure. The tallest pitchers are about 4" and look like some kind of catesbaei cross. All the others are S. Purpurea varieties with very pretty coloring. I'm very happy with what I got and would buy from him again! Honestly I think the listing in his Ebay store is a much better deal (12 seedlings for $5).

If it helps any more, I posted a review of Cook's on my blog last night. I listed Pros/Cons and you can see the Dionaea and cephalotus I got from him as well. Link is in the signature!
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!