FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By KekoaLyons
How long should i leave my VFT Outside? Last time I Did it was Growing But Started Getting burnt So I Started Putting It In The Shade Is That Okay Or What Should I Do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By bvalente
KekoaLyons wrote:How long should i leave my VFT Outside? Last time I Did it was Growing But Started Getting burnt So I Started Putting It In The Shade Is That Okay Or What Should I Do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depending on your location, VFT should be kept outside as long as possible, there isn't a thing as "too much sun" unless the temperatures start to rise. The reason your plants are probably burning is because they aren't used to direct sunlight yet and it cause the same burn it would cause us if we were tossed into summer sun, they just need some time to adjust to it. Starting them off in the shade is fine and then gradually over the next week or so, bring them into full sun. You can also put them directly into full sun, the current growth will probably burn and die off, but the new growth will be fully acclimated.

Outdoor natural sunlight is best for any plant and will really help its entire health.
bvalente, bvalente liked this
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!