FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By nastyboyeric
I recently moved to San Francisco and since I don't have a garden outdoors, I decided to look into growing some small houseplants. I have always liked Fly Traps but never had one. I saw some carnivorous plants in local shops and chose a couple: a Fly Trap and a Pitcher Plant. I made a couple of nice little terrariums for them. They aren't the fancy set-ups that some people have but instead simple ones. Perhaps when I learn more about the plants I will get fancier.

I am looking forward to meeting other peoole here and learning about these fascinating plants!

Eric
By kevinqwe
Welcome to Flytrapcare!!

The weather in San Franciso has been great this week(for you guys) i was just there shopping. hopefully you plants got a glipse of that great weather.
looking forward to seeing some pictures
By Matt
Hello Eric and welcome to flytrapcare! Congratulations on your new plants. I hope that your plants do well for you in your terrarium, but you should consider moving them outside. They'll likely do much better there as Venus flytraps are hard to keep healthy in terrariums and the weather in San Francisco is great for growing VFTs.

If you have any questions about how to care for your plants, feel free to ask the very helpful community here!
By Eric
Welcome!
My name is Eric too!
Are you a clone?
By marvin1997
Are you a clone?
:lol: Anyways,please post pictures!
By STEVIEFLY
Hi Eric and welcome to the forum.
By Aging_Bourbon
Hello Eric.

Welcome to FlyTrapCare Forums.. its so nice too have you. well if you wanna know the care for a Venus Flytrap just search the forums an if you can't find the type of question you need an answer too. than just post a new topic in the right area. or head over too Live Chat where someone will assist you with you're problem.. an dude. welcome to the flytrapcare family :D

allen,

Order received. Your order number is 1654. I'll PM[…]

So I got myself two different N. ventricosa 'Porce[…]

Updated pictures I took today, it's been ~6-7 mont[…]

New donation

Also, thank you Panman for donating envelopes. I'd[…]

I got both of these from Amazon. They work well. […]

Will S. rubra var. rubra stay within that size r[…]

I'm aware that VFTs secrete chitinase to "sof[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!