FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Stretch
Hello,

My name is Stretch and I live in the midlands of South Carolina in the USA. I sort of stumbled onto this site while reading some Yahoo answers regarding Venus flytraps. I am quite impressed with the content of this site, and was quite surprised to learn that VFTs were originally discovered in the coastal area of both North & South Carolina. I'm a newbie to this type of plant, having just recently purchased a young plant. I was lucky to discover this site early, with tips for growing these plants. It's good to know tap water isn't good for my plant. Hopefully I can learn more about this cool and interesting plant by being a member of this forum. Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Sincerely,

Stretch
By STEVIEFLY
Welcome aboard Stretch you will be lucky enough to grow your plant outdoors almost always as your region is where the VFT originates from there are experienced growers in here who will be able to help you.
The 3 golden rules are
1 Media = a mix of peat moss with perlite or silica sand there are a few other medias
2 Plenty of sunshine
3 Water= rain water, distilled or RO water (never tap water)
With the basic 3 your plant will have a great start.
By Aging_Bourbon
Hello Stretch

Welcome to Flytrapcare.com forums.. it's nice over you to join. If you wanna know anything about care.. just lookin on the main site or search the fourm or better yet you can post you're question an we'll try to resolve you're problem.. if you need live real time assistance you just wanna chat head over to Live Chat.. thank you for you're time to post this introduction an welcome to the FlyTrapCare Family. :D

Allen,
By kevinqwe
welcome!!

remeber. poaching wild vft is ILLEGAL!!!(DARN)
By hackerberry
Hello Stretch and Welcome to Flytrapcare.com forums! You will discover all you need from the bright growers of the site!

hb
By Adam
Welcome aboard!
New donation, new location

I'd like to thank Aquis31 for his latest donation.[…]

New donation

I'd like to thank ChelleB1005 for her latest donat[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1654. I'll PM[…]

So I got myself two different N. ventricosa 'Porce[…]

Updated pictures I took today, it's been ~6-7 mont[…]

New donation

Also, thank you Panman for donating envelopes. I'd[…]

I got both of these from Amazon. They work well. […]

Will S. rubra var. rubra stay within that size r[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!