FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Droseracloner314
So as of over a week ago i ordered a Biohazard flytrap from czplants.com and i still have yet heard if it has shipped. I had heard they were great so i got excited when i saw biohazard up for sale. I ordered it, got an invoice witu my US address on it, paid for shipping and now im waiting. I was chatting with sbrooks and we were curious about any certificates that were needed for any international orders. I checked and checked the website and all i found was that if you needed one they could be purchased for 30 euros. I wasnt told i needed one and after two more emails i have not heard anything back. Anyone have any thoughts, advice, or ideas? Thanks.
James
By Cory
I think the owner of CZ is out for a bit. Give it some time and they will get back with you I would assume. Any other international vendor I have used is slow to repsond and ship. I think they wait for multiple orders and ship them all at once. Although I have never ordered from CZ other people have without issue.
Cory liked this
By Droseracloner314
Thanks Cory, i just fot a response and it will be shipped on monday. So that is exciting. And he mentioned that, from what i understand, sometimes a phytosanitary certification is needed for an extra 30 euros. But for US orders, or just mine (shoulder shrug), i do not need one. So that will save a few bucks! What other European vendors have you used? Thanks for your input.
By Matt
Droseracloner314 wrote:But for US orders, or just mine (shoulder shrug), i do not need one.
Hmm, that sounds illegal to me. All plants, with very few exceptions (Dionaea aren't one of them), crossing international borders require a Phytosanitary Certificate. If the plant is not in tissue culture, it is required to have a CITES paperwork with it as well.

Sounds to me like they're just wanting to take your money and are willing to risk shipping the plants without proper paperwork to do so.
Matt liked this
By Droseracloner314
Ahh crap! I dont want to be part of anything like that! Darn i really wanted a biohazard, ill be letting them know to cancel it I dont want any reprocussions. Thanks Matt for the heads up, i was sure i heard you needed from another one kf your posts! Darn jt i was lokking forward to a biohazard but notby getting it in a questionable way! CRAP!
By Matt
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(
Droseracloner314 wrote:Darn i really wanted a biohazard
We will have a few Biohazards to offer next year. I'm pretty sure I am able to part with a small one for you now (I'll have to look at my mother pot) if you're able to get the order cancelled. I could offer it to you for whatever price you paid for the one from CZplants.com if you can get that money back...
By Droseracloner314
Matt wrote:Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(
Droseracloner314 wrote:Darn i really wanted a biohazard
We will have a few Biohazards to offer next year. I'm pretty sure I am able to part with a small one for you now (I'll have to look at my mother pot) if you're able to get the order cancelled. I could offer it to you for whatever price you paid for the one from CZplants.com if you can get that money back...
Please Matt, its not your fault! I thank you for letting me know about it. I dont know what would have happened, maybe nothing serilus, but im glad you warned me. Seems shady to me! Id be more than happy and grateful to take you up on that offer! I was so excited to get one and was willing to pay, and did pay, an exhorbant amount on it. But that would be much appreciated!
Thanks flr everyones help on this.
By antoinemoore90
The owner of CZPLANTS has been on vacation for the last two week and should be getting back in this weekend. He is a trusted seller.
By DTDream18
The only thing that I know about CZPlants is to never order Flytrap seeds from them again. I ordered over 100 seeds from various varieties of flytraps from them years ago and there was 0% germination rate. I'm currently growing a bunch of seeds from Flytrapstore and Flytrap Ranch and the germination rate is incredible. I've got plants popping up all over the place. New plants popping up almost every day.
By Droseracloner314
DTDream18 wrote:The only thing that I know about CZPlants is to never order Flytrap seeds from them again. I ordered over 100 seeds from various varieties of flytraps from them years ago and there was 0% germination rate. I'm currently growing a bunch of seeds from Flytrapstore and Flytrap Ranch and the germination rate is incredible. I've got plants popping up all over the place. New plants popping up almost every day.
Note taken! I cancelled my order with them. Things just seemed odd due to recent learnings! A few months ago i ordered seeds from flytrapranch, Flytrapstore was out, and the germination rate was awesome and fast! I have monster sized babies that are showing great traits! Testament to the quality of both FTR and FTS!

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!