Looking for Nepenthes Hamata

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US
User Avatar
qbaker

 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:32 pm
Thanked: 4 times in 2 posts

Looking for Nepenthes Hamata

by qbaker » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:08 pm

I'm looking for a Nepenthes Hamata.

If anyone has a decent sized plant (12" Wide or so) ... or if anyone can refer me to a website where I could purchase one at a 'reasonable' cost-- thanks.

User Avatar
markus13

 
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:50 am
Location: Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Thanked: 147 times in 126 posts

Re: Looking for Nepenthes Hamata

by markus13 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:53 pm

HA, HA, HA! What do you consider a "reasonable cost"? If you're looking for something that large you are going to be paying $350+++, and that is a reasonable cost. It's all supply and demand and nobody normally gets rid of one that size. N. hamata's go for anywhere from $50 - $250 for a plant that's only an inch or two across and sometimes smaller if it's seed grown(more expensive too). I have three N. hamata's and none of them were cheap or larger than an inch when I bought them. Good Luck on your search, but I don't think you will be finding one at a price that you feel is reasonable.

User Avatar
qbaker

 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:32 pm
Thanked: 4 times in 2 posts

Re: Looking for Nepenthes Hamata

by qbaker » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:47 pm

Hello Marcus. lol. Are Neps difficult to grow from that small? that's one of my reluctances on buying small, I never thought I have the "raise em up" green thumb, I'm more of the adopt them when their older give em a good home.

User Avatar
markus13

 
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:50 am
Location: Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Thanked: 147 times in 126 posts

Re: Looking for Nepenthes Hamata

by markus13 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:49 am

They get easier as they get bigger as far as N hamata is concerned, but other ones like N. fusca and N. sanguinea, and a bunch of other intermediates are pretty easy even when they are smaller. In the States the cheapest place for an acclimated Wistuba clone is http://www.droseragemmae.com, but it will still be small. I have one Wistuba clone that I got right from the Wistuba site, along with a bunch of other Neps and a Heli. It's free shipping if you buy 250 euro's or more, so that's what I did to make it worthwhile. I have a set-up in my basement for all of my highland Nep's and Heli's. The lights bring the temp up during the time the lights are on and when they're off they get the temp drop that they need at night. I also have a humidifier with good digital control in the enclosure to keep the humidity in the range they like.
Last edited by markus13 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User Avatar
qbaker

 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:32 pm
Thanked: 4 times in 2 posts

Re: Looking for Nepenthes Hamata

by qbaker » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:32 am

Sounds like a nice setup. The only thing you're missing are automatic misters (if you mist your neps). My Nep is in my kitchen SF Window. I'm in NY, so I'll purchase flourecent lighting and a timer from Home Depot this fall. I keep all my trops on timers given my area. Other than a misting twice per day, that's about as complex as my setup gets. Thanks for the link.

User Avatar
corners

 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:05 am
Location: bath, Maine
Thanked: 1 time in 1 post

Re: Looking for Nepenthes Hamata

by corners » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:24 am

Ive ordered from wistuba and droserragemma. The wituba one was much smaller and weaker. The DG hamata i got came with a nice pitcher and was potted nice.Wistuba still has good helis and you ca also buy 2 hamatas at a cheaper combo price from them

User Avatar
buakawswagyo

 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:05 pm
Thanked: 4 times in 4 posts

Re: Looking for Nepenthes Hamata

by buakawswagyo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:45 pm

markus13 wrote:They get easier as they get bigger as far as N hamata is concerned, but other ones like N. fusca and N. sanguinea, and a bunch of other intermediates are pretty easy even when they are smaller. In the States the cheapest place for an acclimated Wistuba clone is http://www.droseragemmae.com, but it will still be small. I have one Wistuba clone that I got right from the Wistuba site, along with a bunch of other Neps and a Heli. It's free shipping if you buy 250 euro's or more, so that's what I did to make it worthwhile. I have a set-up in my basement for all of my highland Nep's and Heli's. The lights bring the temp up during the time the lights are one and when they're off they get the temp drop that they need at night. I also have a humidifier with good digital control in the enclosure with a to keep the humidity in the range they like.

Hey markus13 im new to this site but not to CP's When you ordered from Wistuba about how long did it take to arrive? and also how much is 250 euro's in US dollars? thanks :)

User Avatar
markus13

 
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:50 am
Location: Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Thanked: 147 times in 126 posts

Re: Looking for Nepenthes Hamata

by markus13 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:16 pm

They don't ship in winter and that's when I placed my order, so it might be shorter this time of year, but it took roughly 4 months after I placed my order to ship and once it did it took 5 days for it to arrive at my door. The currency conversion changes constantly, but back then (Feb 2012) it was about $330 US dollars for my 250 euro order.

The following users would like to thank markus13 for this post
buakawswagyo

User Avatar
buakawswagyo

 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:05 pm
Thanked: 4 times in 4 posts

Re: Looking for Nepenthes Hamata

by buakawswagyo » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:38 am

markus13 wrote:They don't ship in winter and that's when I placed my order, so it might be shorter this time of year, but it took roughly 4 months after I placed my order to ship and once it did it took 5 days for it to arrive at my door. The currency conversion changes constantly, but back then (Feb 2012) it was about $330 US dollars for my 250 euro order.

Ok thank you so much iv been considering buying from them, really appreciate the reply man

User Avatar
corners

 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:05 am
Location: bath, Maine
Thanked: 1 time in 1 post

Re: Looking for Nepenthes Hamata

by corners » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:52 am

buakawswagyo wrote:
markus13 wrote:They don't ship in winter and that's when I placed my order, so it might be shorter this time of year, but it took roughly 4 months after I placed my order to ship and once it did it took 5 days for it to arrive at my door. The currency conversion changes constantly, but back then (Feb 2012) it was about $330 US dollars for my 250 euro order.

Ok thank you so much iv been considering buying from them, really appreciate the reply man


if you type " 250 euro to us dollars" into Google, it converts it for you on the search. You can use the google search bar as a calculator and f to c conversions.

User Avatar
corners

 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:05 am
Location: bath, Maine
Thanked: 1 time in 1 post

Re: Looking for Nepenthes Hamata

by corners » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:53 am

also, wistuba ships diffrent things depending on the seasons. He has a US distributer now so depending on when you order you could have it in a few weeks in some cases. He also has a 100% guarantee for live arrival of plants. They just need more acclimation time usually

User Avatar
Kevonicus
Super User
 
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:55 am
Thanked: 159 times in 136 posts

Re: Looking for Nepenthes Hamata

by Kevonicus » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:49 am

I spent 140 for this lil guy. Try ebay!

Image


Return to Sales, Trades & Wants USA

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests