FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By coline
Now, almost exactly 1 month from when I placed the seed in vitro, they are germinating!! Tiny green dots, too little to take them a photo, but they are a real lot!

Very simple procedure, 10% NaClO (5.25%ia) for 10min and water wash. Placed in MS 100% no PGRs.

The thing is, it was the first media made at home, I was timing the microwave to see how much did I need, and it did not gel correctly after autoclaving, even in those kind of liquid jars seed are growing!
No contamination at all with them!
By plantfreak1
Congratulations!! Post pics when they are out of the jars so we can see. What kind of orchid was it from?
By coline
Well, the orchids were tropical tree growing orchids, as I tell in my orchid collection post, this country has a terrible identification problem, so the name I do not know it, I think there is a trichopilia in there, but not sure, as all the pods came from friends plants that already had ended flowering when I saw them.
By tish
Ohh great coline!.Congrats! Nevermind if the picture won't turn out good. Why not just postal a few. Love to see something :)

If you need to identify orchids, just post photos of the flower and ask this FB group. They are every good at id orchids

Fingered from my Galaxy Nexus
tish liked this
By tish
Wow Coline, they look so small and interesting. I didn't know orchids look like this. How small were the seeds? Can't see any seeds

Fingered from my Galaxy Nexus
By coline
Well, seeds look just like normal dust. D. capensis or any other sundew seeds are huge in comparison.
Look at those capensis seeds I wasted there compared to the orchid seed sea!
I thought I had a lot of capensis seed (15000+) but from orchids.. lets not count them..
By plantfreak1
Nice! :)
plantfreak1 liked this
By coline
These are also growing a real lot, this week was the time for the first pass, to grow some more before I wanted to either make some rooting medium or flasking, I'll see, I flasked some right now to see if they do not need roots or if they do.
The others were separated into other jars, like this:

And some seeds I saved in this jar lol, look at that mess!

Also I have some in vitro pineapple, look at the little guys! They grow so quickly, just a couple of months!

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!