FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Wahter
I haven't purchased from Sarracenia Northwest before, but I enjoy their podcast video clips. I was searching for some specific plants and wanted to order from just one place, their website showed that what I wanted was in stock, so I recently placed an order. I also sent a few emails regarding what they had in their inventory to Jacob Farin who replied to messages quickly.

They filled the order and shipped what I wanted on the following Tuesday (just like their website says). Everything was in stock and nothing was substituted. The packing was excellent - each plant is sold potted only (sort of wish they offered bare root as well, but no complaints on the packing). Each potted plant was wrapped up with a wet paper towel around the pot with a clear top taped to the pot. All of that was wrapped in plastic around the bottom to prevent drying out and leaks, with an identifier tag taped onto the bag. These were placed in a box with lots of styrofoam popcorn/ peanuts.

My only gripe was that a couple of the plants were a bit smaller than expected (I guess jht spoiled me with his Drosera spatulata!), BUT there was more than one plant of each within the pot (so in a way, that made up for the small size). Also, it is early in the season, so there could be/ should be some more growth on the way.

Here's what I ordered:

Drosera capensis - Red leaf

Drosera filiformis Red Leaf (not sure if this is 'Florida "All Red"' or "Florida 'Giant'")

Sarracenia alata, Red Hood

Drosera rotundifolia

Drosera intermedia

Overall, a good experience and if they have what you're looking for, I recommend shopping with them. :)
Last edited by Wahter on Fri May 18, 2012 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
By fishandplants
I've ordered from them multiple times. Their plants are always healthy, though. (I go for the poi dog nepenthes they offer in the summer and fall.) :D S.N. is a favorite for me, and they have monthly giveaways along with 30 day guarantees on plants.
By Cory
I to have ordered from them many times.
They always have done a great job and I will surely not hesitate to buy from them in the future. Their plants are great

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!