FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By tish
Hi all, I think i may need some help over here. I recently started VFT seeds in distill water and sterilized cotton. Out of total 7 seeds, 1 germinated successfully and had transferred out into potting. The rest were either still sleeping or some weird stuff grew out of the tip of the seed where it was suppose to germinate. Before, I thought they germinated, now I could only suspect the germination took place and immediately died off what looks like fungus or mold to me.

Could anyone point out what had happened to these poor seeds? Should I had included a light concentration of fungicide in the distill water meant for seeds in the first place?

Photos as follow - approx. 20 days now the slime were observed on day 7 or 10 I can't remember.
Original link

Last edited by tish on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
By tish
Here's a photo of 1 at day 10 successful in germination. The roots tip were pinkish red. The picture above where the mold or fungus look a like were slightly pink. So I think they were rotten roots or something.

By tish
Matt wrote:Looks like some sort of bacteria. May be best to clean off as much as you can and move them to soil and reduce the amount of water to try to get rid of it.
Hi Matt,

Thanks for your advise, actually it seems very logical to do that, but i guess the pressure was on me. I was confuse and didn't dare to make some rush decision. I will just decide to do what you have suggested and keep my fingers crossed then. :)

Thanks again :)

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!