FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By roarke
Doesen't worth 57 watt with 2700 lumens, if you want it for your CP in the first part of the experiment. The electricity goes from the two neons for only one. This goes for the other appliance and than you combine the two. Short life doesen't worth it ! I say why it doesen't measure the lumens ?
roarke liked this
By Dionae
Hello Roarke. I'm not understanding you too well. Are you saying because they burn so bright it makes the bulbs have a shorter life so its not worth it? If so, that is something to think about. Bulbs are only $10 a pack though so replacing them wouldnt be a problem if this actually makes a T8 brighter than a T5. I'm just trying to avoid using a 400w HPS in the greenhouse or spending more money on a big T5 fixture. I might try this out and report my results in this thread. Thank you very much for your input!
By Jimbok3
Don't ever try to "overdrive" fluorescent fixtures!! I know my electronics well, over-driving it will blow internal components and/or start a fire. You need to use the fixtures as they are meant to be used. I've had a few friends who almost burned down their houses when trying this. your best option is to go on craigslist or search local thrift shops, that how I got some of my fixtures (well mine were fully functional units someone was throwing out). Hope this helps ;)
Jimbok3 liked this

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!