FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By Xeno
Hi again,

Since EU seem to lack stores to buy the TC stuff from is it possible to make my own carnivorous plant medium like MS and also make my own vitamin solution ?
Have anyone done it ?

Thnx in advance!
By Xeno
Thnx alot Milhaus Seams always a little like in the TC area people are not so willing to help others but That may just be my little thought about it: p Bigg thnx again but still Could be funny and maybe like you say cheaper to make own medium .
By RobT
Initially i was thinking of buying the various chemicals to prepare macro and micro nutrients but there are many individual component to prepare and the place to store would take up space.I opted for those ready prepared like MS, Bap, Naa, kinetin...etc.

In EU you can also try http://www.duchefa.com/
By nepaholic
Xeno, nice to have you back. Well Xeno you can buy your medias from duchefa, i also bought my stuff there when i lived in sweden
By Xeno
Hi Nep was a long time since last.. I guess u have read that I am starting all over again.
By cvlover
Do you really want to make your own medium? If you do you may ask what are tissue culture medium? TC Medium provide nutrient to grow plant cells, period. Look at MS, DKW, V&W, Knudson C, WPM, Gamborg medium .... they are mixture of N,P,K,Ca,Mg,Mo,Fe.... salts. They are fertilizers. Professor Arditi uses hyponex fertilizer for germinate and grow orchids and a professor of University of Florida (I don't remember name) use 20-10-20 fertilizer for TC. Test and try is the name of the game.
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!