FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Moderator: Matt

By Kbud
Hi all! :D

Just wanted to see what the experts think about this greenhouse. I would like to buy it, but I don't know if it would be a right fit for me. Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DA ... d_i=507846

All information about it is at the link.

Info I want to add: I might use this for extending the gardening growing season, but that is not what I mainly want to do with it. I would like to use it to start seeds, cuttings, and other high humidity processes. I would like to use it to grow and culture CPs, and possibly a large sphagnum colony. 8-) Mainly, I want to grow tropical fruit bearing plants in it. I, being intrigued by CPs, am also attracted to exotics. Ideas include vanilla orchid, banana tree, sugarcane - stuff like that. I have a special book to help me. 8-) Mainly, I just want something that is versatile and will last.

Will I need a fan in the door in the heat of the summer? It will be behind a tree, but in open sun.

I had to run it by you guys before I get my mind set on it ;)

Kbud
By jamez
Greenhouses are ideal, but if you want hardier, stronger plants, nothing beats outside. The Greenhouse will work. I would say to grow the North Americans outside, and put them in the greenhouse for winter. Try Highland Nepenthes in the Greenhouse.

To make a big difference on the growing season I think you'd need a real greenhouse about 6x8 feet or larger.
jamez liked this
By jamez
If there isn't much ventilation, yes. Flytraps and Sarracenia like humid conditions with lots of air flow. Maybe run a humidifier in there but have somewhere where air can flow freely.

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!