FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By jimbob999
Hi,

I’m looking to buy some VFT seeds and particularly interested in the red mix. Had a mix before from Steve a good few years back now and they germinated very well and I was very impressed. So was wondering if the store was going to be getting any in anytime soon?

Cheers
By Matt
Soon. Flowering season is almost over here at the FlytrapStore North location in Oregon. It should be only 2 to 3 weeks until the seed harvest starts and we start putting seeds in stock in the store. It might be a bit longer than that for the red mix because I usually wait until the Red Piranha seed is ready to harvest so that I can add it to the mix and Red Piranha always seems to be one of the last clones to flower. It is in full flower mode right now while most of the rest of the clones are nearly finished or have finished a week or so ago.
Matt liked this
By Stratofortress
While on the matter of Red Flytrap seeds, I assume that the Red Mix sold by the FTS is a result of cross pollination among many different red cultivars? I purchased the 25 for $35.00 red flytrap bargain bundle. Are those just a grab bag of red clones, or are they genetically unique specimens?
By Matt
Stratofortress wrote:While on the matter of Red Flytrap seeds, I assume that the Red Mix sold by the FTS is a result of cross pollination among many different red cultivars?
That's correct.
Stratofortress wrote:I purchased the 25 for $35.00 red flytrap bargain bundle. Are those just a grab bag of red clones, or are they genetically unique specimens?
It varies a lot. Sometimes we send 25 babies of all one named clone, sometimes it is unnamed red flytraps grown from seed and other times it is a mix.
Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!