FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Chhewy
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share with you guys and ask you a question, my low giant isnt being so low :) was wondering if you guys have any inputs. I'm starting to change the watering habits and its getting a good amount of light. Possibly because i just got it about 2 weeks ago? Image
By pieguy452
Just coming out of dormancy, flytraps will put up odd traps that can go against their normal characteristics. My low giant is doing the same thing, creating leaves that are more upright and taller than usual. I am guessing it is because they are trying to capture more light, but it is only temporary :)
pieguy452, pieguy452 liked this
By liyuan123
Its simply producing spring-summer leaves, in the late summer and fall it will produce lower summer-fall leaves.

press thanks if this helped.
liyuan123 liked this
By Darkrai283
liyuan123 wrote:Its simply producing spring-summer leaves, in the late summer and fall it will produce lower summer-fall leaves.
Thats an all around view of VFTs.
Many cultivars produce low lying or upright leaves all year round such as DM 'Spider' producing traps on tall upright leaves while DM 'Big Mouth' and obviously the DM 'Low Giant' posted on this thread usually makes traps on short ground hugging leaves all year round so that why Chewwy was curious about his VFT making an upright leaf. (I'm guessing)

:)
press thanks if this helped.
hmmmm... ;)

Order received. Your order number is 1672. I'll PM[…]

Nepenthes cold shock?

Hi there! I’m new to carnivorous plants and […]

Hello again from Florida

Welcome

Weird Pitchers, advice?

the black absorbs the full spectrum of light makin[…]

primaflora likes to be almost wet. I keep it in sh[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1671. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1670. I'll PM[…]

Hey everyone! I'm back on my hunt to look for a d[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!