FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By pieguy452
Dont worry, they will still be in perfect shape when you receive them. The flytrap store has a very good packaging system, keeping the plants safe and healthy while they are in transit to your house. They always ship with priority mail i believe, and priority mail ships within 2-3 days ( although they do not guarantee it). It will take longer than you think for something to happen to them while they are in their box. Im sure when you receive them, they will be in the same condition as they were in Oregon :)
By Veronis
I don't know the answer to that question, but FTS ships internationally as well, which can take a week or more, and I haven't heard of issues with those.

They'll remain hydrated due to the packaging system; as for light, they can do without - think of how they live at Lowe's. Usually on a shelf nowhere near any light source, for weeks/over a month and when you get them home they perk up in a few weeks with proper care.

The difference here is the plant from FTS has had a ton of light prior to being shipped to you, so its setback should be minor.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
By Chhewy
I had the same problem my package was waiting in Medford, Oregon for a bit but now its supposed to be delivered today. Still waiting for it.
By Chhewy
Yeah i got my traps today also, just a regular fly trap and some pots and medium just because I am just getting into this new hobby. Really happy and pleased with my plant and other items.
By Devon
I have had plants take two weeks to reach me, and they made it and recovered okay. You should be fine. Congrats on the new plants!
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!