FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By colby100
Does anyone else here water ther CP's with soft water (Water filtered through salt then the salt is filtered out) soft water is supposed to be clean ive never got a TDS meter and checked it but if anyone here waters there CP's with soft water wich comes out of the tap like me and has tested it could you tell me what the PPM is since ive grown drosera dielsiana from Seed to now making flowerstalks with watering from the bottom ive nevere top watered and only one has died on its own ive accidently killed some but that was my fault and the one that died was in the same pot with others and i think it was cause a piece of sphagnum moss or some kind of moss decided to grow right under it on its roots and mustve killed it and ive asked this question months ago but people said to buy distilled water but thats kinda pointless since ive obviously grown dielsiana without killing them.
By steve booth
Hi Colby

My understanding is that if you have a salt regeneration type water softener then you are still going to have minerals in the solution that are harmful to the plants, (the calcium ions are sinmply replaced by sodium) so distilled, RO or rainwater having low to zero TDS is best.

Cheers
Steve
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!