FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss or post photos or images of drawings, paintings, sculptures or other art.

Moderator: Matt

By Shes Crofty
I don't have a bookmark and I like to draw and stuff, so I made a VFT bookmark. ^^

It's kind of hokey, meaning it doesn't look and function all THAT great; I plan on making another, so that it actually looks like a flytrap petiole and trap, and not just a bookmark with a trap coming out of the book.

Shes Crofty liked this
By Eric
Nice! You think you could make a tutorial on how to make one? Or you could make one for me! :D
By Shes Crofty
This is fun for me.. so I'm going to figure out a more efficient way to make a VFT bookmark and I'll post up a tutorial in here when I'm done! (> which I'll probably do over the weekend ^.^<)

I'm really glad you guys like it! :D
By Shes Crofty
So.. the one I had originally made in the picture required way too much tape and MacGuyver-ing to post a tutorial on, more trouble than it's worth.. so I made myself a simple cut-out one. It's a little flimsy but I think It looks 100x better than the last one.

I used an iPad app (SketchBook Pro) to quickly draw & color both sides of the fly trap.(You will have to set your printer to print two images double sided, or print one side, flip the paper, and print the other picture on the opposite side.

Back:Image
Front: Image

Once printed it should look like this:

(If you don't like my colors, or just want to color in your own, you can use this for printing & coloring; Or just use as guideline to create your own:)

Then you just cut it out & bend it to your liking!

Last edited by Shes Crofty on Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Shes Crofty
I made another "design" just a second ago. It stays between the pages a lot better. I didn't make a colored version of this yet.. Sorry I'm not very neat with my lines.

By Shimizoki
another thing you can do is combine them... Have the long slender neck like the first one, but the fat base like the second. That way it looks better sticking out of a book, but still holds well. (You wouldnt see the thick base between the pages.)
By Shes Crofty
Shimizoki wrote:another thing you can do is combine them... Have the long slender neck like the first one, but the fat base like the second. That way it looks better sticking out of a book, but still holds well. (You wouldnt see the thick base between the pages.)
That's an awesome idea, I'll probably make some more this weekend, all kinds of colors and stuff. I wanted to do a maroon monster one.

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!