FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Pat
Hi every one, I was wondering if any one could tell me how to up load a picture with my persional details.
Thanks for any help, Pat :D
By Matt
Hey Pat,

To add an image to your profile (called an avatar), click on the "User Control Panel" link just below "Board Index" on the top left side of the page. On the next page, click on the "Profile" tab. On the next page, click on the "Edit Avatar" link on the right side of the page. Then you will see the interface to upload a photo or use one from another site. Note that if you upload one, it must be equal to or less than 100x100 pixels and 48kb.

Let me know if you can't find it. If you have trouble getting to the page, this direct link should work:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/ucp.p ... ode=avatar
By grant
i tried adding a pic that is saved on my computer. i even did the auto-size option. but, it was still to big.

a little help... ;)
By linton
Hi Matt, while we're on the subject of photos - could you give me some basic instructions on how to add photos to a blog on this site? Thanks, Linton.
By Matt
Let me see if I can give you some step by step directions:
1) Log into the main site here http://www.flytrapcare.com/ There will be a login box on the left side of the page.
2) Once you log in, look for the "My Blog Dashboard" link under the "User Menu" header.
3) On the "My Blog Dashboard" page, either click the "Write New Entry" button or click on the "Edit" link for one of your current blog entries.
4) When the MyBlog editor interface loads, look for the "Images and document" link on the right side of the interface.
5) Click on the "Upload" link that appears after clicking on the "Images and document" link.
6) Click the "Browse" button and navigate to the location that you have the image that you want to upload saved on your home computer.
7) After selecting the image that you wish to upload, click on the "Upload" button.
8) The image will be saved in your Blog working directory.
9) To insert the image in your blog, go to the location in the text that you want the image to appear and then click on the "Browse" link (next to the Upload link, not to be confused with the "Browse" button when uploading) and then click on the image that you want to insert.

Sorry for any repetition there. I'm sure you knew part of that, but I wanted to spell it all the way out for some people.

Let me know if you still can't figure it out, and I will post some screenshots as I go through the process.
By Carl
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the info about the pictures :) I've uploaded some (not yet posted) but I've upload a wrong one and can't see a delete option. Can you advise how to delete.

Thanks

Carl
By Matt
Hey Carl,

I'm not sure that there is a way to delete once the image is uploaded (other than me going directly to the server and removing it). Perhaps I should write a script to enable people to delete. For now, I can delete the image that you don't want uploaded if you tell me which one it is.

You could try upload another image with the exact same name and see if it overwrites the one you uploaded...just a thought.
By Carl
Ok, I'll upload one with the same name and see what happens. If not I'll let you know.
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!