FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Cougar
Brand: B&Q

Warranty/guarantee: Guarantee

Warranty/guarantee details: This product has been made to B&Q's high quality standards. Complete satisfaction or your money back

Organic: No

% of Peat Free: 25

Material: Mix

Size/Qty (ML/L/G/KG): 75L

Category: Composts & Fertilisers

Category: Fertilisers
------------------------------------------
Check the back of the bag/sack. All the soils I have seen in B&Q have added "crap" That will harm VFT.
By renesis
I think B&Q is on board with the 'peat free' approach UK is taking. My vote is for no as well.
By Cougar
If you are finding it hard to find a good media, try sphagnum moss. Most garden centres have it. I've repotted 4 of my plants into it, mixed with vermiculite. B&Q should sell it.
By kevinqwe
it says it organic material!?!?
By ypatel2k5
ok, thanks for the help guys :D . went to homebase and they had nothin, checked online for b&q and thats all they had. Went to a garden centre and they had 100L of IRISH MOSS PEAT, will that do??? and what should i be lookin for on the packaging?
thank u
By Cougar
ypatel2k5 wrote:hey cougar, checked out what u mentioned and found this http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?i ... e&x=18&y=9

assume thats the one u used and it works fine ye???
thanks

Yes, thats the stuff. Make sure it has no added fertilisers or nutrients. Same reason that you only water with purified water or rain water. :) --- B&Q can be a right pain and sometimes sneak things in.
By STEVIEFLY
ypatel2k5 wrote:ok, thanks for the help guys :D . went to homebase and they had nothin, checked online for b&q and thats all they had. Went to a garden centre and they had 100L of IRISH MOSS PEAT, will that do??? and what should i be lookin for on the packaging?
thank u

Yes that sounds good you can also buy either perlite, vermiculite or silica sand also known an silver sand to mix with the peat moss for aeration
By ypatel2k5
alright guys, thanks for that. I saw perlite in that garden centre aswel. I know what to do now and I'll buy the irish moss peat and perlite. thanks once again for the help :mrgreen:
By Caleboy 123
Shoot, I showed up a little late...
Anyway, iunno what the brand name is, but I use this HUGE sack of premier peat moss that I bought from Lowes, and that stuff works great.
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!