FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Bonez
Wouldn't say I'm a newbie newbie, but certainly wouldn't say I'm a vet either! I got my first plant (Venus Flytrap) from a hardware store and it all went downhill from there :)
Now, I own 25 different cultivars of VFT, 12 cultivars/"types" of Sarr, 5 different Nepenthes, and 16 different sundews including 5 different Capensis cultivars/localities (6 if you count Hercules x self ;) )

In recent times, I have stooped down to the realm of pygmy sundews and got my first Heliamphora (Ciliata), and am getting Byblis seeds from this here seed bank!

I have been active in carni plant discords this whole time but thought I would branch out here too.
Happy to be here!
By Intheswamp
Well, looks like a delayed introduction, but "HOWDY!" in any case! ;) Sounds like you and I have been at it about the same length of time, though I think you're probably a little more organized about it that I am. ;) You've already got the seed bank figured out so you're good-to-go. :D Lots of good folks here and lots of valuable information popping up all the time and a vast treasure of information already here in the forums ready for reading!
Bonez liked this
By andynorth
Bonez wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:42 am @andynorth, In the Mid Valley of Oregon. Federal way, I believe I have bought from a grower up there before! Does Bizarre Botanicals ring any bells? I believe they are based up there.
I have not heard of them but will check and see if they are around. MikeB on this forum found Mossy Pots in Bonney Lake, WA which he runs out of his garage but I have been unable to locate any other local sellers.
By MikeB
Bonez wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:42 am Does Bizarre Botanicals ring any bells? I believe they are based up there.
A quick Google searched turned up their Facebook page:

Bizarre Botanicals
Lakewood, Washington
https://www.facebook.com/bizarrebotanicals/

@andynorth: They're on the other side of Tacoma from you, next to McChord Air Force Base.
Bonez, andynorth liked this
By andynorth
MikeB wrote: A quick Google searched turned up their Facebook page:

Bizarre Botanicals
Lakewood, Washington
https://www.facebook.com/bizarrebotanicals/

@andynorth: They're on the other side of Tacoma from you, next to McChord Air Force Base.
MikeB, Thanks for this. However, I will need to wait until their web site goes active as I do not do FB.

Last time I sent a SASE to myself, it took a week […]

Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!