FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Dionae
My mother recently surprised me with this very nice terrarium with a custom built stand. Its 60inLx18inWx23inH. A very nice sized terrarium but i'll have to seal some of the vents in it. I'm planning on putting cephs, helis and orchids in it. It will probably take a while to get this up and running but I think it will look very nice once its full of plants :) .
Attachments:
DSCF1168.JPG
DSCF1168.JPG (72.29 KiB) Viewed 3922 times
DSCF1169.JPG
DSCF1169.JPG (62.13 KiB) Viewed 3922 times
DSCF1170.JPG
DSCF1170.JPG (55.24 KiB) Viewed 3922 times
By dantt99
Wow, that's great! Can't wait to see it once you're through with it ;)
dantt99 liked this
By David F
Haha, let us know what lighting system you use, its looks nice!
David F liked this
By zen
very nice terrarium. itll be awesome when ur done with it
zen liked this
By Dionae
Anyone have any suggestions as to how I should go about this? I plan on putting cephs, helis and orchids in it. What should I put in the bottom of it. Live sphagnum? Keep in mind that its a 100+ gallon terrarium. I just kind of don't know where to start :P .
By ReefPlant
I have to admit, 100+ gallon terrariums are right up my alley. :)
However, after driving through a tornado this morning on my way home from Chicago i'm going to keep it short Dionae. There is much to touch on but i'll start by saying Congrats!!! A company by the name of Oceanic made quite a few terrariums in that same fashion. Did you get the hole covers for it? I'll be more than happy to help wherever i can. I have had great success growing all three of those together in my current setup. I'll give you the top to bottom on it if you want to go that route.
:D
Awesome Tank, Great Job Eric!
ReefPlant liked this
By Dionae
Thanks RP! No, I didnt get the covers. It was bought used and all I have is what came with it. I'm def going to have to cover most of the vents if I want to control humidity. Any and all info is appreciated because I dont have any ideas so far. My plants are too small for me to imagine them in it:p.
By ReefPlant
Hey Dionae! Just found a few caps for the vents of your terrarium if your interested. I can send them to you if you want. I used to have a few tanks like the one you just got, not nearly as large. that guy is awesome! So much space to play around in.
Either way, when i find them again i'll send them your way. I have a feeling you'll need them too.
Hope all is well! Happy Growing!
ReefPlant liked this

A few additional things I use: a turkey baster (to[…]

I recommend both Lee's Botanical Gardens and Flytr[…]

I don't know what you have available but once you […]

Sundew in forest

Catfish won't eat mosquito larvae as the larvae ar[…]

Finally

Those are beautiful! I’m wondering what ki[…]

I just want to confirm that this has been sent as […]

Agreed, no plant seed cross will ever breed tue du[…]

Thanks for the help! I've contacted someone you me[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!