FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Theplantman479
thanks for letting me know that about imbreeding so I will let the rhizome do the duplicating work for me. I will just wait and do some hybrids in the years to come. Who knows I might even make a cultivar. Also has anyone heard of a hybrid with the parent of Sarracenia flava cut throat x Sarracenia psittacina Typical. How large where the plants on arival.
By Eric
Love those purps! Gotta get me some of those.
By sss
Theplantman479 wrote:The plants have been recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think most people can I D most of these. The one that looks like a large S.Psitticinia is x formosa, He had to substatute it for S.Leucophylla Gulf.
Fixed your images :D.
sss, sss liked this
By parker679
The plants look great and are pretty much what I expect from Bruce. Great deal none the less.

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm looking forward to seeing how they look in a couple months when it really warms up and they're nice and settled.
By Theplantman479
Sorry I could not post pics but the S.Purpurea has a flower bud and I recieved My last plant, it is a S.Leucophylla Chipola. No plants have made any new leaves but my S.Leucophylla Gulf has a wierd semi-pitcher that is curling inward any idea what it is I will post a picture tomorrow.
By Eric
Those weird semi-pitchers are likely to be phyllodia, which are non-carnivorous leaves made for the purpose of photosynthesis. Flavas, Oreophilas, and Leucos make those on occasion. :D
By Goodkoalie
Eric wrote:Those weird semi-pitchers are likely to be phyllodia, which are non-carnivorous leaves made for the purpose of photosynthesis. Flavas, Oreophilas, and Leucos make those on occasion. :D
S. Oreophila are almost promised to make these leaves every year. On this species, the phyllodia are recurved, scythe shaped.

Most S. flava make sword shaped phyllodia in late summer, fall and last though spring

S. luecophylla makes sword shaped phyllodia in summer, if the weather is hot enough

S. alata sometimes produces a single phyllodia or 2 and these last until spring

The purpose of the phyllodia is so the plants can still photosynthesis, over winter and have a better regrowth in the spring.
By Theplantman479
ok, i will be posting updates on sundays instead. but there is weird flower like stalk about a half a centimeter across on my Sarracenia rubra wherryii. Are the flowers realy that small.
By Eric
The flower bud should swell up and get bigger later on. No need to worry.
By Goodkoalie
When I first spotted a flower on my rosea

The plant now

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Does anyone have multiple H. sarracenioides clones[…]

Help! My VFT is dying

What about the good Looking ones. Will they go Dor[…]

Water Quality

I used to have a pool/spa at my house in CA. The m[…]

I'd def keep it. Sometimes plants (in general, not[…]

A 15-hour photoperiod is good, yes.

I too am wondering when to start the transition. I[…]

Watering my Venus Flytrap

OP lives in Poland.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!