FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Lucied
Hello, Im recklessly trying N. Jamban & N. Glabrata under unstable condition before. Now I've more experience growing LL,some hybrids & intermediate Neps, with Cephs & Heli, Im trying some HL Neps and build a new containment.

The Neps are Tenuis, Jacquelinae & Izumiae as a bonus.

My condition is in a styrofoambox with night-time iceblock. 30cm distance from 40W LED growlight.
60% humidity at day & 72% humidity at night. The temperature are 50F/10C at night and slowly rise to 82F/28C in the afternoon. All without humidifier because the Jamban & Glabrata didnt seem to like the on-off cycle of my timed humidifier.

My questions related to HL conditions are :

1. Related to humidity, which one is better :
The stable humidity (60% day & 70-80% night) & is the live moss media beneficially provides extra humidity in close distance for HL's hi-humidity requirements?
VS
unstable humidity (100% when ON & 70% when off like before I installed a humidifier with timer for Jamban & Glabrata with interval of 45 minutes ON & 2 hours OFF at night from 11 PM to 6 AM). In a nutshell, its hi-low humidity

2. Do they really need the high day temperature around 82-89F/28-32C or its OK to keep the day temperature around 68-77F/20-25C? My night temp is 50F/10C with iceblock

3. I see a lot of different light statement for HL from ultrabright to shady. Which one the HL Neps truly favor especially for Jacq, Izumiae & Tenuis?

4. Can my Glabrata survive with its black tip? While he Jamban bizzarely gone very quickly blackening from the roots to the growth tip. Makes me insecure if its a disease. So I will terminate it to prevent the spread to my new Neps.

5. Do someone have experience with N. Adrianii? Mine is growing good outdoor until recent heatwave make it suffer. And since its morphology is quite different, kinda epiphyte? I dont know what I should do in its recent shape & will it survive?
The previous condition :

The recent condition :
Blackening growth tip but sprouting dormant nodes and making a weird pitchers
Yellowing leaves

Sprouting a basal

6. And I have this hybrid of Aristo x Thorelii vining. Due to recent heatwave, the leaves on the fine are blackening from the bottom. But the basal is OK. Is it a heat issue or humidity issue? Will the vine survive?

Best regards! Thx
By Lucied
Ooh and I forget, Im already installed a mini fan for more air & circulation. But it's reducing the humidity drastically below 30%. Is there any other way to get circulation without reducing the humidity?
Traps curling after closing/eating

Hi! My name is Erika, and I’m a newbie when […]

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!